The RTBU WA Branch is the entity which represents members employed in or in connection with the activities of public transport and the rail industry in Western Australia, who do not work for or in connection with the Public Transport Authority. This involves private sector employers such as Aurizon, John Holland and Pacific National.
For further detail on the Branch and its workings, please refer to the Rules as available here.
The Branch Structure
The WA Branch is structured into 3 Sections:
- Interstate – employers who operate services across numerous state borders
- Intrastate – employers who predominately operate within the boundary of Western Australia
- Infrastructure – employers who provide network access, maintenance, and construction of the rail corridor
Each of these are divided into subsections, based on employer, geographic and logistic basis. Each subsection has the opportunity to have a representative on the Branch Council – the governing body of the organisation.
RTBU WA Branch Council:
President: Graeme Filcock
Secretary: Craig Mckinley
Vice-President: Allycia Old
Affirmative Action: Allycia Old
All day-to-day matters are handled by Secretary Craig Mckinley.
- Metro Sub-Branch (Pacific National & SCT)
- Regional Sub-Branch (Pacific National & SCT)
- Metro Sub-Branch (Aurizon, EDI Downer & WATCO)
- Goldfields Sub-Branch (Aurizon & Pacific National)
- Kalgoorlie (North Goldfields)
- Esperance (South Goldfields)
- Midwest Sub-Branch (Aurizon, EDI Downer, Fluor, Roy Hill & WATCO)
- Northwest (Pilbara)
- Wheatbelt Sub-Branch (WATCO)
- Southwest Sub-Branch (Aurizon & WATCO)
- John Holland Sub-Branch (JH)
- Westnet Rail Sub-Branch (ARC, ARTC)