As a member of the RTBU, you are rewarded with many benefits which include:
- Advice and information on Awards, pay rates and conditions of employment
- Acting as an agent in the registration of industrial workplace agreement
- Advice on industrial matters, eg disciplinary matters, fatigue, OHS, etc.
- A wide range of skill-based and negotiation courses provided to local delegates to help them in the workplace
- Submissions on behalf of members to relevant industry-based forums, eg Federal and State government committees
- Appearances before courts protecting and fighting for our members’ entitlements and rights.
- Initial advice on legal matters, eg, workers compensation entitlements
- Priority access to our preferred legal firm, via the union office, for all legal matters, including wills, family, accident, criminal, etc.
- Journey Cover (traveling to and from work)
- Shoprite - an agency set up to save money for union members.
- RT Health
- Holiday accommodation
- Union Card & Diary - issued before each new year
- Union Dues are tax deductible